Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.
This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections like Gameday threads, Rumors and Trades, and more. Use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free to be part of the most knowledgeable Islander fan base there is. Hockey novices and Ranger fans need not apply.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

''Our execution was really good, we are playing the right way,'' Tavares said after the Islanders won for the eighth time in nine games.
THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE in...

Pages: (102) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Garth Snow, GO F YOURSELF!!!
stevedepot
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 12:24 PM

WISENHEIMER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 25

You hear that Katie Strang?
You hear that wannabe journalists who write fluff?

THAT is the reality. NOT because someone from ESPN wrote it.
NOT because Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun might not know everything there is to know about hockey.
Because we all have seen this from day one and we're sick and tired of the circus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5892256

New York Islanders
Grade: F
Trending: Down
Summary: GM Garth Snow fired coach Scott Gordon, but in retrospect, he might have been doing Gordon a favor given how bad this team is. Injuries to Mark Streit and Kyle Okposo haven't helped matters, but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out. Rick DiPietro has struggled to deliver quality starts coming back from multiple knee operations, the defense is porous and there isn't enough skill up front. Good thing Snow found time to ban writer Chris Botta from covering the team.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Showing zero tolerance for koolaiders and SnoWang apologists since 2007.
This lifelong Islanders fan is sick and tired of pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

I long for the day when I can show up to Charles Wang's wake with a shovel and
patiently wait for everyone to pay their respects so I can pay mine by burying the bastid.
Jackace
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 12:52 PM

2nd line

Group: Members
Member No.: 79

I agree. With the farm system no where near the top 10 in talent after 5 years of high picks, DP getting starts instead of rehab, gordon, Janikowski, Botta. What else can this toolio f-up? I guess we will all find out.
Webb20
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:05 PM

Godfather

Member No.: 1

but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out.

That says it all.

I guess there is just no limit to bad press that Wang will take. He's not going to do damn thing. First, because he'd have to get rid of the only hockey people he has, and second he'd have to invest to make a difference.

--------------------
user posted image
5/24/1980=Greatest Day in NY Islanders history. 10/24/2012=Darkest Day in NY Islanders history

We're all Islanders Some of us are Islanders, others are city dwellers
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
Snowman39
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:26 PM

Keepin' It Cool... Keepin' It Real

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Webb20 @ Dec 7 2010, 01:05 PM)
but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out.

That says it all.

I guess there is just no limit to bad press that Wang will take. He's not going to do damn thing. First, because he'd have to get rid of the only hockey people he has, and second he'd have to invest to make a difference.

Nothing is going to change. The only reason Milbury left as GM was because he told Charles it was time for a change. The only reason he left the organization was because he chose to. Wang is a clown. The Wilpons have been bashed from pillar to post by Mets fans for years and years for being "too hands on". They had a major reality check, and did a major overhaul with both their front office and their organizational philosophy. Now, only time will tell how successful that is. But at least they're aware of public perception and they're TRYING. Wang is the total opposite. For whatever reason, he thinks that his way is the right way, and it continues to yield not only bad results, but HORRENDOUS results. And two of the smarter hockey people they had in Jankowski and Trots, they're both kicked to the curb. Sometimes I think the only way out of this nightmare is to have the team move.

--------------------
NY Islanders Hockey: A New Hope
WANGSUCKS.jpg WANGSUCKS.jpguser posted image WANGSUCKS.jpg WANGSUCKS.jpg
Bexlyspeed
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:46 PM

bexlyspeed- 3rd round draft pick

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (Snowman39 @ Dec 7 2010, 01:26 PM)
Sometimes I think the only way out of this nightmare is to have the team move.

I think that will be the end result. the team has been so bad for so long that this latest stretch of awfulness will plunge them to the point where the only interested buyer will be someone who wants to move them. and at this point how can bettman argue (i really dont think he cares anyway)

it really makes me sad because i can not see myself atching Hockey if there are no Islanders. I gave watched them bad for so many years but in the last few seasons its been so bad from top to bottom that i hardley enjoy it at all.

--------------------
user posted image
Shooter
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 01:57 PM

All Star

Member No.: 453

QUOTE (Jackace @ Dec 7 2010, 12:52 PM)
I agree. With the farm system no where near the top 10 in talent after 5 years of high picks, DP getting starts instead of rehab, gordon, Janikowski, Botta. What else can this toolio f-up? I guess we will all find out.

On DP: While I agree he should have gotten starts down in Bridgeport, he sat until Roli showed signs of wear and tear, then played well for a few starts until the Rags game.
stevedepot
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 03:55 PM

WISENHEIMER

what a load of BS this is.

The joke of a franchise and GM cannot get worse than this...

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=...%20in%20English

SNOW LIVE ON ISLANDERS TV
Islanders GM Garth Snow will answer your questions LIVE on Islanders TV
Tuesday, 12.07.2010 / 12:52 PM / News
New York Islanders
Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team? How about what goes into making trades or selecting draft picks? Here is your chance to ask Islanders General Manager Garth Snow what it's like. Tune in to IslandersTV on NewYorkIslanders.com at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, December 10 to hear his answers.

Submit your questions to Snow via Twitter by @'ing NYIslanders with what you want to know. You can also submit by commenting in the related post on the Islanders Facebook Fan Page wall. Not on Facebook or Twitter? Email your questions to nyisocialmedia@gmail.com.

Snow looks forward to hearing from you.

why can't he go somewhere where it's NOT a CONTROLLED environment???
TWITTER??? so they can HAND pick the FLUFF???
ridiculous.

angry.gif thumbdown.gif

--------------------
This lifelong Islanders fan is sick and tired of pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

patiently wait for everyone to pay their respects so I can pay mine by burying the bastid.
rst033
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 03:59 PM

4th line

Member No.: 4,619

looks like what the NHL wants is for all of us to become Ranger fans
MMingE
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 04:14 PM

All Star

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (stevedepot @ Dec 7 2010, 03:55 PM)
Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team?

How would he know what that's like ? dontknow.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Webb20
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 04:17 PM

Godfather

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (MMingE @ Dec 7 2010, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (stevedepot @ Dec 7 2010, 03:55 PM)
Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team?

How would he know what that's like ? dontknow.gif

Beat me to it....

Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team? How about what goes into making trades or selecting draft picks?

I was going to say questions he asks himself every day. yes.gif

--------------------
user posted image
5/24/1980=Greatest Day in NY Islanders history. 10/24/2012=Darkest Day in NY Islanders history

We're all Islanders Some of us are Islanders, others are city dwellers
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
4CUPZ
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 04:44 PM

HEAD OF SECURITY

Member No.: 3

Mr.Snow
Any chance you want to revise your prediction that "YOUR TEAM" will be in the hunt for a playoff entry this season?

How do you feel when you look at the standings and the dwindling attendance?

When will this organization finally realize it needs to field a professional team
not this hodgepodge of under achievers and AHL stars in waiting?

PennyPinching is what us fans need to do to pay for the over inflated ticket prices your boss seems to feel this teams viewing worth is
but its not how to run a so-called professional sports franchise
(dont dare to bring in the building excuse,cause truth be told if you were ever able to give a team worth rooting for the fans would be 100 deep at Eisenhower Parks' outdoor rink paying top dollar to cheer the team on)

Now you can delete this email
and answer the pressing questions like
"What flavor cupcake is for favorite?"

A FAN OF THE DYNASTY ISLANDERS
not this fiasco

Tom "4CUPZ" DeLuca

This was my waste of an Email

--------------------
user posted image

YEP TAKING THAT LOSING TRADITION TO BROOKLYN
stevedepot
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 09:54 AM

WISENHEIMER

great letter Tom.
I sent something that was pretty harsh.
Unreal how he's still employed.

Charles Wang has left our team like a kid riding a bike with training wheels trying to compete with
professionals racing the Tour de France.

--------------------

rst033
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 10:17 AM

4th line

Member No.: 4,619

not here to defend Snow or how this team has performed but when you lose your top forward and your top defensemen and you are rebuilding they're going to be terrible.

lets see what Snow does for the rest of the year. the Isles have a few players that are UFA's that other would want let's see if Snow can steal some blue chips
stevedepot
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 10:21 AM

WISENHEIMER

QUOTE (rst033 @ Dec 8 2010, 10:17 AM)
not here to defend Snow or how this team has performed but when you lose your top forward and your top defensemen and you are rebuilding they're going to be terrible.

lets see what Snow does for the rest of the year. the Isles have a few players that are UFA's that other would want let's see if Snow can steal some blue chips

Snow could get Heatley, Iginla and draft picks and he'd still be an epic failure.
Even with a healthy Streit and Okposo all year this team would suck. Okposo has never scored over 20 goals a season. At best we'd be in 12th place in the conference instead of dead last overall.

Garth Snow is to blame almost as much as Wang. He has ZERO integrity left.
The bastid declared a REBUILD and it was all a ruse for biding time until Wang got his real estate.
It was never all about player development, HOCKEY, HOCKEY and otherwise HOCKEY, it was about profit.

See the quote in my sig from Lexhair.

wink.gif

--------------------

Jackace
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 10:52 AM

2nd line

Member No.: 79

5 years of high draft picks and still in the bottom half in talent in the minors. If he restocked the system to at least top 10 in NHL talent I would be a bit more patient, but enough is enough.
Lexhair
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 12:35 PM

Habitual Line Stepper

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (stevedepot @ Dec 8 2010, 10:21 AM)

Snow could get Heatley, Iginla and draft picks and he'd still be an epic failure.
Even with a healthy Streit and Okposo all year this team would suck. Okposo has never scored over 20 goals a season. At best we'd be in 12th place in the conference instead of dead last overall.

Garth Snow is to blame almost as much as Wang. He has ZERO integrity left.
The bastid declared a REBUILD and it was all a ruse for biding time until Wang got his real estate.
It was never all about player development, HOCKEY, HOCKEY and otherwise HOCKEY, it was about profit.

See the quote in my sig from Lexhair.

wink.gif

I miss a lot with sigs turned off.

Love you, Steve.
Lexhair
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 12:39 PM

Habitual Line Stepper

Member No.: 12

user posted image
4CUPZ
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 03:07 PM

HEAD OF SECURITY

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (rst033 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:17 AM)

not here to defend Snow or how this team has performed but when you lose your top forward and your top defensemen

BFD THEY'D STILL SUCK

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FIXATION WITH KO IS
HE HASNT SHOWN SQUAT YET
ONLY REASON HE'S NOTICED HERE
IS BECAUSE OF THE COMPOST PILE HE'S LUMPED IN WITH

--------------------
user posted image

YEP TAKING THAT LOSING TRADITION TO BROOKLYN
OlTimeHockey
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 03:15 PM

All Star

Member No.: 3,963

QUOTE (4CUPZ @ Dec 8 2010, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (rst033 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:17 AM)

not here to defend Snow or how this team has performed but when you lose your top forward and your top defensemen

BFD THEY'D STILL SUCK

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FIXATION WITH KO IS
HE HASNT SHOWN SQUAT YET
ONLY REASON HE'S NOTICED HERE
IS BECAUSE OF THE COMPOST PILE HE'S LUMPED IN WITH

He's an underdeveloped kid who has talent but has lacked the veteran guidance to make him a tougher kid who will go to the net and flourish in this league.

He's another "learn from the other kids" guy. The only guys learning from playing with vets are on the third and fourth line.....which is why Nielson and lesser guys are more NHL ready talent and ability wise than our main cogs?

--------------------
"clearly it's Rick DiPietro's stupidity that's put the islanders in this situation getting into an altercation when a game was over..." Keith Jones on VS

"But the Coliseum became a repository for all the team's troubles, a convenient scapegoat. There were suggestions that no major free agent ever would set foot in such a decrepit place. We have two words for anyone making that argument: Fenway Park. History says free agents would play in an old boxcar if they got enough money and had a chance to win." - Mark Herrmann

查理斯 請死你混蛋
islesfever
Posted: Dec 8 2010, 04:00 PM

4th line

Member No.: 814

QUOTE (rst033 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:59 PM)
looks like what the NHL wants is for all of us to become Ranger fans

NO WAY NEVER disgraced.jpg
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Islanders News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (102) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1390 seconds | Archive