InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.
This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections like Gameday threads, Rumors and Trades, and more. Use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free to be part of the most knowledgeable Islander fan base there is. Hockey novices and Ranger fans need not apply.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

"Capuano hinted that Brock Nelson, who has been solid at center, could be next in line to try and play with Tavares and Okposo. Nelson centered Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolay Kulemin on Friday in Brooklyn, but Capuano says he sees Grabovski as a center."-TSN.ca
DAYS UNTIL TRAINING CAMP

Pages: (33) « First ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

CALLING OUT CHARLES WANG (official thread)
bumpkin
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:09 AM

2nd line

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,048

QUOTE (Shooter @ Apr 30 2012, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Apr 30 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Webb20 @ Apr 30 2012, 06:49 PM)
If the team was a good team the referendum vote would have passed

I agree with that. They would have felt more inclined to save the team if it was worth saving. Instead they pulled the plug on a team that is on life support.

Can't even count how many times I heard people ask "Why should we save an irrelevant hockey team?" or something along those lines. And, the thing is, how do you even respond to that question? Because it makes no sense to me either.

In other news, I'm hearing more and more lately that the Isles twitter account is banning those who respond to them and question Snowang's direction of the team. Censorship at it's absolute finest puke.gif

cheers.gif Worship.gif

Does Twitter have a koolaid button working yet? I understand it is a special order from Emperor Wang.

--------------------
It's not like we're getting killed out there every night...
Snowman
Posted: May 1 2012, 04:50 PM

Keepin' It Cool... Keepin' It Real

Group: Admin
Member No.: 15

QUOTE (bumpkin @ May 1 2012, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (Shooter @ Apr 30 2012, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Apr 30 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Webb20 @ Apr 30 2012, 06:49 PM)
If the team was a good team the referendum vote would have passed

I agree with that. They would have felt more inclined to save the team if it was worth saving. Instead they pulled the plug on a team that is on life support.

Can't even count how many times I heard people ask "Why should we save an irrelevant hockey team?" or something along those lines. And, the thing is, how do you even respond to that question? Because it makes no sense to me either.

In other news, I'm hearing more and more lately that the Isles twitter account is banning those who respond to them and question Snowang's direction of the team. Censorship at it's absolute finest puke.gif

cheers.gif Worship.gif

Does Twitter have a koolaid button working yet? I understand it is a special order from Emperor Wang.

lmao.gif

--------------------
NY Islanders Hockey: A New Hope
WANGSUCKS.jpg WANGSUCKS.jpguser posted image WANGSUCKS.jpg WANGSUCKS.jpg
Man in the Box
Posted: May 2 2012, 07:54 AM

The Godfather of Online Hockey

Member No.: 243

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My question is with all the big teams out of the playoffs the rangers have a good shot at going to the cup. If they win it then what? Are we still gunna sign the reasoners and pandolfos of the world? When do u put some pride into what u do. U run a hockey team. Ur a billionaire. Sell the team or make it better. Nothing Inbetween

--------------------
HELLO BROOKLYN, MY NAME IS JOHN TAVARES
Snowman
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Man in the Box @ May 2 2012, 07:54 AM)
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My question is with all the big teams out of the playoffs the rangers have a good shot at going to the cup.  If they win it then what? Are we still gunna sign the reasoners and pandolfos of the world?  When do u put some pride into what u do.  U run a hockey team. Ur a billionaire. Sell the team or make it better.  Nothing Inbetween

When the Yankees win a World Series, it motivates the Mets to try and keep up. The Yankees dynasty in the late 90s was the catalyst for the Mets going out and getting Piazza in 98 and their subsequent resurgence. They also tried to do the same in 2010 although it backfired.

When the Giants won the Super Bowl in 07, the Jets responded with Brett Favre. This season after another Giants SB, the Jets responded with Tebow, Landry, and a solid draft. Maybe there will be more to come.

You can say whatever you'd like about those two teams. They may not be run correctly, they may not always make the right move. And maybe neither will do WHATEVER it takes to win. But it cannot be denied that the owners of those teams do want to win games and they at least make that attempt.

If the Rangers win a Cup this year or even go to the Finals, our owner will do NOTHING. The proof is in the pudding. He doesn't care about winning.

--------------------
Webb20
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:10 AM

Godfather

Member No.: 1

He runs this team as if winning would cause problems.

--------------------
user posted image
5/24/1980=Greatest Day in NY Islanders history. 10/24/2012=Darkest Day in NY Islanders history

We're all Islanders Some of us are Islanders, others are city dwellers
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
Isles75
Posted: May 2 2012, 03:28 PM

3rd line

Member No.: 539

QUOTE (Snowman @ May 2 2012, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (Man in the Box @ May 2 2012, 07:54 AM)

My question is with all the big teams out of the playoffs the rangers have a good shot at going to the cup. If they win it then what? Are we still gunna sign the reasoners and pandolfos of the world? When do u put some pride into what u do. U run a hockey team. Ur a billionaire. Sell the team or make it better. Nothing Inbetween

When the Yankees win a World Series, it motivates the Mets to try and keep up. The Yankees dynasty in the late 90s was the catalyst for the Mets going out and getting Piazza in 98 and their subsequent resurgence. They also tried to do the same in 2010 although it backfired.

When the Giants won the Super Bowl in 07, the Jets responded with Brett Favre. This season after another Giants SB, the Jets responded with Tebow, Landry, and a solid draft. Maybe there will be more to come.

You can say whatever you'd like about those two teams. They may not be run correctly, they may not always make the right move. And maybe neither will do WHATEVER it takes to win. But it cannot be denied that the owners of those teams do want to win games and they at least make that attempt.

If the Rangers win a Cup this year or even go to the Finals, our owner will do NOTHING. The proof is in the pudding. He doesn't care about winning.

Good read on a REAL OWNER. Mike Ilitch, owner of the NHL Red Wings and Baseball's Detroit Tigers.

This is a most read for the Kool-Aid drinking, Charlie Wang apologists. He loses money blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif , that's why he can't improve the team. Lighthouse meant, Wang spends on Isles blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif blahblah1.gif .

Story is about the turn around of the Tigers and loses Ilitch took, year after year, so that "he" could get the Tigers to a place where he could make money. Second time he's done that in Detroit. First time was with the Dead Wings. Took years of loses to turn around the Dead Wings to reincarnate them back to the Red Wings. He even got Tigers a new stadium too with some help from the state/county tax payers, but Ilitch put up a majority of the financing himself.

That's how it works folks, when you buy a dead franchise. You takes loses to build something better down the road.

Cheap Charlie hasn't done "his" part. Which is to make the team better again.

The Detroit Tigers Are Roaring Again

--------------------
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It is time for Gary Bettman to declare the Islanders are in a State of Emergency and the NHL will simply
not allow the current ownership to maintain the franchise as currently neglected.

Wang and Snow can handle things! They're smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... they're smart and they want respect!
Shooter
Posted: May 2 2012, 08:51 PM

All Star

Member No.: 453

QUOTE (Webb20 @ May 2 2012, 10:10 AM)

Best post of the thread
Lexhair
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:45 AM

Habitual Line Stepper

Member No.: 12

San Jose gets this:
"We will not lower our expectation that every San Jose Sharks team we put on the ice is capable of winning the Stanley Cup," the statement said. "Despite the fact that our team has experienced a tremendous amount of success over the past eight seasons, we are not satisfied with those results and neither is Doug. The ownership group has confidence that Doug will make the necessary changes to ensure our club remains among the NHL's elite franchises."

espn.com

The Islanders get:
"We're on the right track. Last year was a year we felt we should have made progress, but then we had all the injuries. This year, we haven't had a great start, but it's not like we're getting killed out there every night."
Shooter
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:36 AM

All Star

Member No.: 453

QUOTE (Lexhair @ May 3 2012, 08:45 AM)
San Jose gets this:
"We will not lower our expectation that every San Jose Sharks team we put on the ice is capable of winning the Stanley Cup," the statement said. "Despite the fact that our team has experienced a tremendous amount of success over the past eight seasons, we are not satisfied with those results and neither is Doug. The ownership group has confidence that Doug will make the necessary changes to ensure our club remains among the NHL's elite franchises."

espn.com

The Islanders get:
"We're on the right track. Last year was a year we felt we should have made progress, but then we had all the injuries. This year, we haven't had a great start, but it's not like we're getting killed out there every night."

Yes, this puts it all in perspective and I wonder why anyone would even spend a nickel on this franchise until the attitude changes.
25yearfan
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:53 AM

You can call me Joe.

Member No.: 194

QUOTE (Webb20 @ May 2 2012, 11:10 AM)

Isn't there a disclaimer:

If you experience winning seasons lasting more than 4 years, consult a physician.

Oops wrong product.

--------------------
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

user posted image
RWWallpaper
Posted: May 3 2012, 01:21 PM

2nd line

Member No.: 74

How this team has more than 20-30 people who still give a sh!t about them is staggering and a testament to just how crazy we are for still being here...
LEDZEP
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:12 PM

The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83

Member No.: 49

QUOTE (RWWallpaper @ May 3 2012, 02:21 PM)
How this team has more than 20-30 people who still give a sh!t about them is staggering and a testament to just how crazy we are for still being here...

I was just at Point Lookout and there were 4 who were islander fans
Total is now raised to - 24-34 punk.gif banana.gif punk.gif banana.gif

--------------------
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... user posted image

user posted image

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan
Snowman
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Lexhair @ May 3 2012, 08:45 AM)
San Jose gets this:

espn.com

The Islanders get:

Opposite ends of the spectrum.

--------------------
3POTI
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:47 PM

Bring back...PRIDE OF THE ISLAND

Member No.: 553

QUOTE (LEDZEP @ May 3 2012, 03:12 PM)

subtract me thats 23/33 bag.gif

--------------------
Today Is A Great Day To Be An Islander Fan!
Live For The Moment!

Snowman
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:08 PM

QUOTE (3POTI @ May 3 2012, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (LEDZEP @ May 3 2012, 03:12 PM)

subtract me thats 23/33 bag.gif

So Poti you're really off the wagon, eh?

--------------------
Webb20
Posted: May 4 2012, 07:48 AM

Godfather

Member No.: 1

I hear there a family of 5 in Hoboken that are Islander fans, but that could be just a myth.

--------------------
user posted image
5/24/1980=Greatest Day in NY Islanders history. 10/24/2012=Darkest Day in NY Islanders history

We're all Islanders Some of us are Islanders, others are city dwellers
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
rifleman22
Posted: May 4 2012, 08:11 AM

All Star

Member No.: 137

QUOTE (Webb20 @ May 4 2012, 07:48 AM)
I hear there a family of 5 in Hoboken that are Islander fans, but that could be just a myth.

Easy ride to Brooklyn from there... tongue.gif

--------------------
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.
Snowman
Posted: May 26 2012, 05:26 PM

http://businessperspectives.org/journals_f...04_Stanwick.pdf

If you guys have never read this, I strongly encourage you to. See if any of it seems familiar.

--------------------
OlTimeHockey
Posted: May 27 2012, 02:40 AM

All Star

Member No.: 3,963

QUOTE (Snowman @ May 26 2012, 05:26 PM)

If you guys have never read this, I strongly encourage you to. See if any of it seems familiar.

I posted all these facts on Imania and still had people painting Wang's face on the Sistine Chapel. Now? Some still deny he had any guilt.

What happens at CA is approved, ordered and directed by Wang or it does not happen. Period. So....where are we as a franchise? Who's to blame? Milbury? Nope. Make a splash, we get Yash and Peca. Make the team tougher after Toronto, we lose Mariusz and a lot of scoring help and go Wiemer. Lavy not a good element to Wang's lockerroom (remember the meetings?), we lose Lavy. Ozzie says no to a pay cut, we go with Golden Boy and megapads. Heat gets too much for Milbury, Wang replaces the lackey with someone desperate, but he's not desperate enough, so we fire him and get someone desperate. Now? Snow's autonomous.....

Or Wang knows enough to run a team with scraps and finish at the bottom every year with a top pick and some knowledge picked up from said players and our fearless GM puppet.

35 day months, 8th seed playoffs, someone wants to succeed without having to earn it.

--------------------
"clearly it's Rick DiPietro's stupidity that's put the islanders in this situation getting into an altercation when a game was over..." Keith Jones on VS

"But the Coliseum became a repository for all the team's troubles, a convenient scapegoat. There were suggestions that no major free agent ever would set foot in such a decrepit place. We have two words for anyone making that argument: Fenway Park. History says free agents would play in an old boxcar if they got enough money and had a chance to win." - Mark Herrmann

查理斯 請死你混蛋
Snowman
Posted: May 27 2012, 05:21 PM

QUOTE (OlTimeHockey @ May 27 2012, 02:40 AM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ May 26 2012, 05:26 PM)

If you guys have never read this, I strongly encourage you to.  See if any of it seems familiar.

I posted all these facts on Imania and still had people painting Wang's face on the Sistine Chapel. Now? Some still deny he had any guilt.

What happens at CA is approved, ordered and directed by Wang or it does not happen. Period. So....where are we as a franchise? Who's to blame? Milbury? Nope. Make a splash, we get Yash and Peca. Make the team tougher after Toronto, we lose Mariusz and a lot of scoring help and go Wiemer. Lavy not a good element to Wang's lockerroom (remember the meetings?), we lose Lavy. Ozzie says no to a pay cut, we go with Golden Boy and megapads. Heat gets too much for Milbury, Wang replaces the lackey with someone desperate, but he's not desperate enough, so we fire him and get someone desperate. Now? Snow's autonomous.....

Or Wang knows enough to run a team with scraps and finish at the bottom every year with a top pick and some knowledge picked up from said players and our fearless GM puppet.

35 day months, 8th seed playoffs, someone wants to succeed without having to earn it.

Yep. And it's confirmed in that link that Chuck hires incompetent fools and puts them in powerful positions so he can pull the strings. Obvious that was the case with the Isles, but I didn't know he did that at CA and it makes sense now.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Islanders News | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (33) « First ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1793 seconds | Archive