This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Gooddealgames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Getting ready to retire some of my collection
Malakai
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 10:35 AM

The Eclectic Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

One of the hardest things about collecting and having a lot of games is where to find the shelf space. Ever since I moved, even before that, I've been constantly doing construction on the new place, from insulating and sheetrocking, to flooring, and that always involved moving pretty much EVERYTHING I own back and forth between bedroom, as well as in storage buildings. It's gotten to the point where I can't properly put my books, games, movies, or cds on open shelving.

It was fun having my whole music cd, sega cd and saturn collection on shelves, but now is the time to index and store them, as well as my XBOX, PS2, and HD-DVD collection, including all of my extra game systems. What's sad to me is that I've always had at least one sega cd system out 99.9% of the time, whether it be the Japanese model 2 or American model 1. It's not really been played that much in the last few years, however, in favor of emulators.

As for the XBOX system, I will keep my modded xbox out, because I have some of my favorite games already on the hard drive and also use it for video streaming from my network. The XBOX really has been my favorite system since the the sega cd, saturn, and turbo grafx. The 360, not so much, as its main use was playing HD-DVDs before I got a stand-alone HD-DVD player. The PS3 is kind of my new favorite, mainly because of the free online play and the ability to play blu-ray 3D movies. Yes, it also gets more 'play time' with videos than games.

The closet in my new addition is going to be somewhere around 6'x12', to store a lot of this stuff, and in the addition itself, I'm still considering ways to add a huge amount of shelving on the walls for everything else. We'll see, but that's quite a long ways away! In the meantime, I'll have to resist the temptation to dig into the old collection after its retired!

--------------------
125 HD-DVDS, 163 BLU-RAYS, 201 3-D BLU-RAYS, 272 DVDs, 552 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 Field-Sequential 3D DVDs
Steve
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 06:02 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I feel your pain, I have a condo so most of my stuff is in storage except for the newer systems... I find myself pulling them out and putting them back very often. I have a dehumidifier in storage so no chance of mold.

--------------------
Chance favors the prepared mind
shaggy
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:35 PM

Bronze member

Member No.: 9

Man, that sucks. You going to get rid of anything?

--------------------
Check out my collection and an awesome website at www.rfgeneration.com. User name: shaggy.
Malakai
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 04:49 PM

The Eclectic Gamer

Member No.: 4

I'm no getting rid of anything, just putting it away for safe keeping for a long time. Within the last six months, I probably have actually added 100+ more games to my collection, mostly PS2, XBOX, PS3, 360, and a few PSP, ds, cd-i, and GB games. When the addition is done, it'll have a 5'x10' storage closet, for all extra games, books, music, and movies. They'll all be indexed and packed in plastic/rubbermaid storage bins, stacked on top of each other.

I'm finally to the point where I'll drag a game system (and games) out and turn it on for a minute but not play it at all for months at a time. In other words, stuff like my beloved sega cd never gets played any more. It's still a very nostalgic system with lots of memories, which is why I'm keeping it. I can use emulation to play pretty much any game now days anyway, and it's better because 80%+ of all new tvs have a vga input and don't suffer from all of the problems older composite and component video cards suffered from in the past.

--------------------
125 HD-DVDS, 163 BLU-RAYS, 201 3-D BLU-RAYS, 272 DVDs, 552 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 Field-Sequential 3D DVDs
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0743 seconds | Archive