This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Gooddealgames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Anyone playing any classics?
Malakai
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 01:37 PM

The Eclectic Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

In the last few days, I've been looking for some new (old) stuff to play, to see if there was anything I could get into. On one note, I found my favorite pinball game of all time again, Alien Crush, for the Turbo Grafx 16. Surprisingly, it still stands up against even the newest and 'best' pinball games to this day, and in my opinion, still beats the crap out of them. With all of the bonus stages and bosses, as well as it being generally easier to play than most pinball games, it can give hours upon hours of fun in a single gaming session.

I've also been looking through some NES/Famicom games and found one that I'm playing currently called Cosmo Police Galivan. There apparently is an English version to this, but I've only got the Japanese version. I suppose one could call it an action rpg.

Another game that I was surprised to see on the famicom was Dragon Wars. This is an old DOS and Commodore 64 RPG game I remember from back in the day. It was kind of like the earlier versions of might and magic, dungeon magic, even wizardry. Unfortunately, it was only released on the NES in Japan as far as I can tell, but there apparently is an English translated ROM around the net that I need to try.

Another game I've messed with a little bit is called Jaseikin Necromancer, another Japanese game, for the PC Engine. This was actually the first RPG to hit the pc engine (turbo grafx 16) and surprisingly, it had pretty good graphics and game play. I've figured out how to fight, how to heal, and what the menus mean. The main thing is to figure out the spells and items and it should be a relatively easy game afterward. As with most JRPGs, talking to everyone and exploring everywhere gets you to where you need to be. The worst thing with JRPGs is when you have to talk to some one several times and can't figure out where to go or what to do next.

Anyone else playing any classics?

--------------------
125 HD-DVDS, 163 BLU-RAYS, 201 3-D BLU-RAYS, 272 DVDs, 552 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 Field-Sequential 3D DVDs
Steve
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 09:06 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am currently playing tactics ogre let us cling together, which is, of course, a remake. It is very addicting as are all srpgs...As far as classics go, nothing at the moment as I continue to have a backlog of games to get through.

--------------------
Chance favors the prepared mind
shaggy
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 08:59 PM

Bronze member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Nope. L.A. Noire and Back to the Future for me.

--------------------
Check out my collection and an awesome website at www.rfgeneration.com. User name: shaggy.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2776 seconds | Archive