This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Gooddealgames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

N64 not being detected
Steve
Posted: Sep 16 2009, 09:10 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am stumped and have absolutely no clue what is going on. I have 2 N64s and 3 copies of hookups for each system and not one system is being detected on any tv I own. No matter what av slot or input slot I go to it is not detecting the signal from any system using all the wires that I know work.

Is there some reason why this is happening? It worked briefly on my two new tvs but then a heard a crackling noise and saw a red square and then when I turned it back on their was no signal. So I went to another tv and it worked great then heard the sound and no signal. But, the first tv I went to their was no signal, and that was before the noises so it did not burn out.
Am I missing something?

--------------------
Chance favors the prepared mind
Matt
Posted: Sep 16 2009, 10:00 PM

The Adept Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

The very first thing I'd check on is whether the TVs require a converter box or if there's already a built-in ATSC tuner, found on most HDTVs. If not, the switch to the digital signal means your TV won't respond to anything, let alone a system hookup, without a converter box.

Did you firmly plug the AV cords and power supply from the system to the TV or are you relying on off brand junk like those RF switches and AC adapters "designed for N64?" (which is sure to get you nowhere) I'd stick to official Nintendo brand parts.

If you've tried everything, your TV's or systems and parts may be defective. Unless your TV's only conflict with your system, you can always get new ones with some sort of warranty or exchange.

I recommend getting converter boxes. My dad has a Westinghouse LCD TV that still needed one, so that could be it.
shaggy
Posted: Sep 17 2009, 10:54 AM

Bronze member

Member No.: 9

Did you crap out your N64 when you hooked it up to the TV's where it worked for a few seconds? That's my guess.

--------------------
Check out my collection and an awesome website at www.rfgeneration.com. User name: shaggy.
Steve
Posted: Sep 17 2009, 03:53 PM

Administrator

I dont know my 360 works great on them. It is a vizio 42 inch flat screen hdtv. I cannot believ that both systems and all three official cords are broken. There must be something I am missing..

--------------------
Matt
Posted: Sep 17 2009, 04:55 PM

The Adept Gamer

Then that tells me your N64's are broken. My last resort answer would be to check the middle of the systems to see that the jumper (or expansion) paks are plugged all the way in. Otherwise, yeah, your N64's have crapped out.
Steve
Posted: Sep 17 2009, 09:24 PM

Administrator

could my tv have burned both out?

--------------------
Matt
Posted: Sep 25 2009, 06:38 PM

The Adept Gamer

Steve were you able to fix it yet? unsure.gif
shaggy
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 07:50 AM

Bronze member

Member No.: 9

Hey Steve, you get this to work?

--------------------
Check out my collection and an awesome website at www.rfgeneration.com. User name: shaggy.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6503 seconds | Archive