This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Gooddealgames. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Friday 13th 3 3D Blu-Ray Review
Malakai
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 08:53 AM

The Eclectic Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

user posted image

The Movie Itself:
Friday 3D was the highest grossing movies in the Friday the 13th series, and it was undefeated until Freddy vs Jason came out, but was it because the movie was great, or for the 3D effect. I believe it was a combination of 3D and having a more wider audience range, because of the lack of s/x and nudity. There is a partial s/x scene in it, but it's not detailed, and it doesn't show anything, and then there's a shower scene, where nothing is really shown. The movie isn't extremely gorey either. So, with all of these things combined, even a younger audience (13 year olds or so) could have seen it in theaters.

But is the movie good? The movie is generally bad. Most of the actors in this movie had never been in a movie before, and the director wanted to focus on the 3d effect more than the acting. It's considered one of the best 3D movies of the 1980s.

Most, if not all of the extras are in HD. This is pretty rare, as most releases just have the standard def stuff copies over from their DVD releases and may have just 1 or 2 things in HD. This includes some interviews with the director, one of the actors, a stunt person, and a 2 or two other people, who kind of reflect on the movie.

Video Quality:
The video quality was better than I anticipated. After the standard definition DVD release, which got very bad reviews for picture quality, I expected the worst, but to me, this is a very solid transfer, and the 3d effects are great. In most of the film, there is depth perception, which is all that you can ask for in anaglyph 3D.

Audio Quality:
This movie contains the original mono soundtrack as well as a newly mastered 5.1 truehd soundtrack, and the new soundtrack sounds good but is very front-heavy. There is pretty much a complete lack of bass. In scary moments that usually catch you in a element of surprise in new movies, a lot of bass is used, but in this one, a high-pitched screeching sound is used. There are a few parts in this movie where it works really well, and if you aren't ready for some stuff that jumps out at you (not really in 3d but just in general) then it will make you jump!

Conclusion:
This will definitely be a movie you can watch every once in awhile with you friends or (older) kids. The movie only comes with 2 pairs of 3d glasses, however. So, you'll need to purchase more from ebay or somewhere. You can buy the throwaway glasses for around .50 per pair in bulk, or you can buy plastic glasses for around $5-$10 per pair. The acting itself is rather cheesy, but it can be a fun experience!

--------------------
125 HD-DVDS, 163 BLU-RAYS, 201 3-D BLU-RAYS, 272 DVDs, 552 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 Field-Sequential 3D DVDs
Malakai
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 08:04 PM

The Eclectic Gamer

I read a review on the blu-ray version of this earlier today, and you know, this dude gave it a bad review because "the things weren't coming out of the screen like they did in the theater"... These people must not realize that the out of the screen stuff takes special reflective screens, reflective glasses, and dual lenses or dual projectors.

--------------------
125 HD-DVDS, 163 BLU-RAYS, 201 3-D BLU-RAYS, 272 DVDs, 552 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 Field-Sequential 3D DVDs
Malakai
Posted: Aug 7 2009, 11:42 AM

The Eclectic Gamer

I watched this again on another tv, one that I thought had a better picture quality, and the 3d didn't work as well as with the first. I guess 3D works better on some tvs than others..

--------------------
Malakai
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:42 AM

The Eclectic Gamer

So it's been out over two years now, and the studios still haven't released a true3d version of this movie. My only guess as to why they haven't done so is the difference between the left and right images. One of the images has a pristine video quality, because it has been kept up and restored throughout the years. The other 'eye' image obviously is in worse shape. It could have easily been released unrestored like the anaglyph version, but since it hasn't, I really hope that it means the studio is taking its time to restore the true stereoscopic version.

As far as I know, this is the only feature film released on anaglyph 3D on blu-ray that hasn't gotten a true3d release so far. Journey to the Center of the Earth was the last one released.

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1273 seconds | Archive