Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to GURPS 4th Star Wars. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Star Wars RPG, New system loosely based on GURPS
Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 06:51 AM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Force Avatar
Member No.: 1

I'm fiddling around with a new system.

The main changes with GURPS/WOTC D20 are:
  • Success rolls are done with a d20
  • Damage rolls keep their "d6+adds" rolls
  • Blasters lose their armor divisor
  • armor is downscaled to give Ewoks a fighting chance
The main reason is to have more options in the tables which are equally divided and the modifiers are linear in point cost.

Critical success and failure must be rerolled to confirm it.

Blasters: If I look at the barrel diameter of GURPS blasters compared to those of Star Wars (narrow barrels) it felt strange to have such powerful blasters.

Armor: Because blasters loose their armor divisor, armor can be less protective to give opponents without ultra-tech weapons a fighting chance.

I will keep you informed on any progress.

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

To visit my site click here.
Darth Bane
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 06:59 AM

Grand Master Council Member

Group: Mundane
Member No.: 36

This would definately make the game more cinematic.

Does it make combat faster paced? My session are often bogged down during combat.

Can you make career templates in this new system like in WOTC D20?

--------------------
May the Force be with you.

Bessel,

Darth Bane the Sith'ari
Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:07 AM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

The turn lenght is still 1 second. You don''t have to add 3 dice together which makes calculations a little easier. laugh.gif

GURPS has some career templates (like the ones in Traveler: IW). I'm not sure if GCA accepts leveling with careers. I haven't tried this out yet.

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 12:38 PM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

Just some ideas.

Basic Attributes:
ST: 10pts HP: 2pts
DX: 20pts Will: 5pts
IQ: 10pts Per: 5pts
HT: 10pts FP: 2pts

FP: Force Points. I completely dropped the Fatigue Points and replaced it with a temporary disadvantage of just a few levels (Gassed, Fatigued, Exhausted). All times when you would spend an Fatigue Point are replaced by (modified) HT rolls.

Secondary Attributes:
Basic Lift: STxST/10, raise costs 5pts
Basic Speed: 20pts
Basic Move: 5pts

Defence:
Dodge: Basic Speed -2
Parry = Basic Speed - 7
Block = Basic Speed - 7

Suggested Weight: (ST+HP)*2.5

Brawling and Striking offer one Parry with the legs.

Turn Sequence is determined by Modified Basic Speed. Melee weapons subtract their bulk from Basic Speed. Muscle Powered Ranged Weapons their min ST.

Damage table altered. Thrust and Swing Damage is lowered with about two steps. Low-Strength creatures must make all-out attacks to be able to do damage at all.

Blaster and other (damaging) beam weapon damage lowered except disruptor weapons. Blasters damage output is now more comparible to WWII weapons. The blasters form GURPS are very advanced, large weapons while in Star Wars, the blaster bolt are rather small.

Disruptors are very deadly and cannot be deflected by lightsabers.

Ion weapons and stun settings are more effective. Even if the HT roll is succeeded, the target still will suffers some miror damage, attribute penalties and a low-cost disadvantage (e.g., stunned) instead of being knocked unconscious or having no effect at all.

The modifiers will range from Penalties: -5%(roll of 19 or less) to -95% (roll of 1)

Basic human template:
ST: 10 HP:20
DX: 10 Will: 10
IQ: 10 Per: 10
HT: 10 FP: -

Basic Speed: 10
Basic Move: 5
Basic Lift: 10
Weight: 75

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Aug 15 2014, 12:00 AM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

The Force

The Force is a combination of Traits and spell-like Force abilities. Some species have innate Force abilites. These are build with advantages. For example, a Fallanassi has the Illusion advantage, a Kiffar has Psychometry. A Force user can learn these traits but he must learn them in the form of spell-like Force abilities. If you have both, they will enhance each other.

The basic value for Force abilities is Force Sensitivity modified with any Talents.

Some Talents even increase the power of a Force ability.

Example: Move Object is a Telekenetic ability using the Control. Each level of Force Sensitivity, Control, and telekintic Affinity add to the skill level. Control and Telekinetic Afficity also add to the power output of this Force abilty (lifting heavier objects, letting it move faster)

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Aug 25 2014, 02:32 PM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

Hit Location & Equipment

You can target joints at an extra -4 (shoulder, elbow and knee are -8; wrist and ankle are at -10).

Armored suit are divided into small pieces covering each body part separately if they have different DR values. The armor also has a Coverage value.

When targeting chinks in armor you must first rol for the appropriate body part and then roll a d100. If the armor at that location covers 80% then you have a 20% chance of hitting the weakest point (maybe this will be modified by your margin of success). If your margin of success is 5 then you have to roll 25 or less to hit the weak spot.

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 04:10 PM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

Hello,

Here's an update about Star Wars RPG.

What has been done:
-The general rules (GM rules, success rolls and everything about rules for characters)
-Advantages, perks, Disadvantages and quirks
-Modifiers (limitations and enhancements)

Generally speaking, what's in GURPS 4th Basic Set + Traits from Biotech, Space, Ultra-Tech, Supers, Powers....

Some traits a covered in the supplement The Force.

What I'm sarting on next:
First Skills and techniques.
Then Force abilities
Then The Galaxy in which I cover each time a planet or system. The species native to that planet or has a reasonable amount of population will be covered simultaneously in Sapient Species. The same goes for creatures and specific localized equipment.

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Darth Bane
Posted: Mar 31 2015, 06:33 AM

Grand Master Council Member

Group: Mundane
Member No.: 36

Hi DLA,

What's the status of this project?

--------------------
May the Force be with you.

Bessel,

Darth Bane the Sith'ari
Dark Lord Azagthoth
Posted: Mar 31 2015, 06:42 AM

Galactic Administrator
Group Icon

I'm almost done with the Core Rules.

I'm currently working on the Techniques chapter and the extra rules these incorporate.

Then I'm gonna need some people to read through it all to point out spelling and grammar errors. I have a hard time for Word 2010 to keep the spelling checker active. It constantly says the are too many errors but when I check for errors only a few errors are marked.

The GDF files are up-to-date with the books.

--------------------
Greetings,

Dark Lord Azagthoth

« Next Oldest | Cantina | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0305 seconds · Archive