zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Feybook. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

You need to register to start new topics. Do not post until you have read the Material Usage Agreement.

Sample characters, Do we want 'em?
Talisman
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 02:51 AM

Half-dragon mage

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Simple question: do we want any sample NPCs?

In our class and PrC descriptions, we've often referred to "So-and-so", the [class name]. It would be relatively easy to stat these characters up and toss 'em in the Feybook somewhere...either near the class description or in a "Friends and Foes" chapter.

If people think this is a good idea, I can certainly stat up some NPCs. I hesitate to promise all the classes, but I can do a bunch.

BTW, I posted this in this forum because I have no idea where it should really go.
Anets
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 03:26 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hah. Yeah, I guess it'd go here. Maybe classes if we're referring to class archetypes? Whatever, it's fine.

Yes, sticking with the most recent 3.5 conventions, it'd be preferable if classes had sample NPC's accompanying their entries. I updated Enigmist for this, and will probably update Enigmatic Adept to include it as well. I encourage everyone to add fluff and a sample NPC to their class info, similarly to PHB2's entries.
Sig
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 10:42 PM

Fey/Devil extraordinaire

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

I perceive this as an extra, really.
It's a hassle since we have so much material to NPC-up and I'm not very good at it.
Perhaps some suggested builds or archetypes, but as far as creating specific individuals as examples complete with feats, equipment, skills, items, and personality, I see it as a waste.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Theme, Setting, and History | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0926 seconds · Archive