Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Criminal Minds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Federal Age Laws, A Reminder About Content
Kyle
Posted: Apr 10 2006, 06:17 PM

Administrator/Webmaster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey all.

Well, I just wanted to remind everyone that the United States has a child protection law, that requires everyone to be over the age of 13 to join this forum.

Now for those of you internationally, it is to my understanding that Invision boards require EVERYONE, including those out of the U.S. to be over 13 anyways.

So if you're a member of this board, you must be over the age of 13. This board doesn't have any real bad content, but then again, this show is not all that appropriate for young ages, so some posts may be innpropriate.

So yeah, I just wanted to notify everyone about this. Also, if you are posting something that may not be all that appropriate, please put some type of notice, like "Warning : Adult content" or something of that nature.

So yeah, that's about all for now.

--------------------
-Kyle- Founder, Administrator. PM me with any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, and whatever else is needed.tongue.gif

Member of the Emily Prentiss Fan club!
Dirty Sexy Darling
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 06:25 PM

Banned

Group: Members
Member No.: 684

That show is appropiate for young ages, for me...
JulieFan
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 06:36 PM

Director

Group: Members
Member No.: 402

It's a crime show, not everyone is scared fast, but young children can be frightened by the images in those shows.

--------------------

user posted image
Kyle
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 08:23 PM

Administrator/Webmaster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Dirty Sexy Darling @ Jun 7 2008, 05:25 PM)
That show is appropiate for young ages, for me...

DSD - Did you just freaking skip over the whole post I wrote? Did you even comprehend the title?

It says "FEDERAL Age LAWS." It is a US federal law, voted and approved by Congress, that one must be over the age of 13 to post in forums, to ensure their safety.

You are not 13. Not only that, but when you joined, you agreed that you were at least 13.. So you lied, and broke the rules.

The government makes these laws, not me. Sure, you may like the show. But until you are 13, you can not be on these forums. This has nothing to do with the show.. It has to do with your safety as a child on a forum where there are many adults.

Plus, it is obvious that you can't even read a post correctly. I clearly stated why you must be at least 13 to be on this forum.. Because of the government policies. So if you disagree, then call your congressperson.

Sorry, but you will not be allowed on this site. I am sure you are a good person, and I am sure you like the show, but it is illegal for you to be here.

Maybe in three years!

--------------------
-Kyle- Founder, Administrator. PM me with any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, and whatever else is needed.tongue.gif

Member of the Emily Prentiss Fan club!
CriminalMind
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 12:40 PM

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 121

Thanks for making us aware Kyle. I keep forgetting age laws on forums (mainly because I tend to over-estimate ages!)

And whilst the show may very well be appropriate fro young ages (like Brigitte said, not everyone scares easily) forums sometimes aren't. Government laws are there to protect us (most of the time).

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0646 seconds | Archive
2005 - 2007