InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Code Wiki Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Overrated/Underrated
Spirit of Code Lyoko
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 09:49 PM

General Rodasi Almani Hesher Stats

Group: Lyokons
Member No.: 239

Overrated - FaceBook and other Chat room-like Websites.
Underrated - Me, and CL

--------------------
UEC Carrier 01 "Conqueror" in position.

Targeting systems online.

Target Acquired.

Open Fire!
AelitaBelpois
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:43 PM

Witch Cr0wner

Member No.: 154

Overrated: Kony2012. I admit that spreading it to sites (especially social media sites like Facebook) was a great idea to spread awareness of the thing that has been going on for possibly over a decade, but the organization it sponsors (Invisible Children) is quite shady. In my required religion class, somebody presented an Invisible Children thing, but I guess I didn't really pay attention to the matter until the whole Kony thing took the internet by storm and flooded by blog with Kony related stuff (which was a relief from the inundation of Homestuck stuff from a person I follow).

Underrated: The war for women's rights. I'm actually irritated that more and more states are accepting a bill that would require women to undergo a probe before they have an abortion, as with other bills that would ban contraceptives. I'm an avid pro-choicer and a supporter for abortion rights, and this kind of thing just gets me irritated that an all-male board gets to decide what happens to a woman's body.

--------------------
user posted image

Fanfiction: www.fanfiction.net/~ZoeyOverbeck
Spirit of Code Lyoko
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 08:29 PM

General Rodasi Almani Hesher Stats

Member No.: 239

Changes a little to mine
Overrated same
Underrated same and my FANFIC!

--------------------
UEC Carrier 01 "Conqueror" in position.

Targeting systems online.

Target Acquired.

Open Fire!
Kremzeek!
Posted: Dec 29 2012, 12:21 AM

Scanners Activated

Member No.: 4

Overrated: Exorcism movies
I keep seeing trailers for movies about exorcisms. Examples include The Last Exorcism (actually it's a good movie until the ending messes it up), Possession (that Dibbuk Box movie), and so on. I get that the idea is a good horror film scenario, but if you're going to do it, do it right. The modern exorcism movie hardly ever has anything to do with the actual rite of exorcism. They're just out to make another bad horror film.

Underrated: Exorcism movies
Confused? Good. I love to watch exorcism movies that actually GET IT RIGHT. Possessed is an example of a traditional horror-film exorcism that is actually grounded in reality. The case of Roland Doe was an actual exorcism, sanctioned by the Church. Unfortunately, Possessed wasn't very good as a horror film; it was more like a documentary. That suits me just fine, though. An exorcism story shouldn't be "horror," anyway. In the end, God will always win against Satan. A tier above Possessed is The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Emily Rose is one of my absolute favorite films because of how Catholic it is, and how good of a movie it is. It doesn't try to be a horror movie, instead taking on the classification of a courtroom film - with just enough horror elements. The downside is that Anneliese Michel, the real Emily, is a very controversial case. I still don't know if she was confirmed to be possessed or not, and I've done a large amount of research. Both of these films actually base themselves in real life. They don't try to be fictional at all (though, in making composite characters of the two real priests involved, Emily Rose makes a small mistake in that the parish priest performed the exorcism; most dioceses have specially-trained exorcists, so the parish priest would not have exorcised Anneliese).

I'm so Catholic. CATHOLICISM FTW biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Sarah Jakielski)
Screw cancer - love life!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Off- Topic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0915 seconds | Archive