Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Shangri-la :: a chatmonchy forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Anime & Manga, all related discussions here
modnar
Posted: Mar 22 2010, 07:56 AM

Mr T

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 39

@dd11: I totally loved the witty humour and the unique art style. It'd be great if more anime took the risk of attempting a new formula and try out something new.

A new anime starting next month with art production by the artist who does the cover-art for Asian Kung Fu Generation: Yojo-Han Shinwa Taikei [youtube trailer - 1min 24sec]

Spring 2010 Anime list

Any on that list you're looking forward to?
I'm keen to see the next OVA for Darker than Black 2. Yojo-han could also be interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
enasccis
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 08:47 AM

ex-media supplier

Group: Elite Member
Member No.: 8

just watched SUMMER WARS last night... pretty enjoyable film but the storyline wasn't fleshed out enough for me.. its the same team that made THE GIRL WHO LEAP THROUGH TIME... trailer below...

user posted image

trailer

--------------------
user posted image
Roxy36
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 04:26 PM

#1 Ecchan Lover

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

^^ oh man, i've always wondered who did the artwork for the Ajikan albums. the style is just awesome. btw, the main character in that film, in a way, kinda looks like masafumi. hehe (it might just be me..)
anyway, it looks pretty interesting.

the manga that i'm reading lately is called "Dogs" by Shirow Miwa. and so far, i'm lovin' it. x)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_/_Bullets_&_Carnage

the art work can be pretty graphic/gory, but still, i think it's very well laid out. what will get you though, if you happen to come across this manga, is the story. it pretty much revolves around 4 charachters, but it really sucks you in and you start to develop a deep understanding about each of the characters lifestyles and individual stories, and how they will tie in with eachother. there's just a certain connection that you kinda feel for them as well.

--------------------
user posted image
chatmonchy ROCK fever!!!
----------------------------------------
New Album!!! "You More"
11.3.23 OUT!!!
Pre-Order now from cdjapan.co.jp or yesasia.com!
enasccis
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 01:25 AM

ex-media supplier

Group: Elite Member
Member No.: 8

kara no kyoukai "garden of sinners"

its been out for a while now but i just finished its last movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtTpPioSN4

overall, one of the best anime production ive seen in quite some time..

--------------------
user posted image
Whisper
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 06:39 AM

chatmonchy has come

Group: Member
Member No.: 556

QUOTE (Roxy36 @ Apr 3 2010, 04:26 PM)

[B]I loved that manga~ well... i need to finish reading it x D
Too bad they basically ruined the anime adaptation ; ;
---

--------------------
<3
modnar
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 11:37 AM

Mr T

High school of the Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI7BPRafgPo

Verdict: Way too much fan service... It gets so stupidly ridiculous to the point where in one scene a girl is being devoured by zombies then the camera focuses up the skirt. Any potential for a half decent zombie anime gets spoiled by unecessary clevage and jiggling breasts.

UPDATE

Satoshi Kon, one of the truly brilliant Japanese filmmakers, passed away yesterday due to pancreatic cancer. He was 46 years old.

While still in college, he made his debut as a manga artist. Upon graduation, he worked as an assistant for Akira author Katsuhiro Otomo.

He went on to create and direct some of the most impressive and striking anime of the last two decades.Kon was working on a new film called The Dream Machine, which was slated for next year.

On August 23, the last tweet was posted on Kon's Twitter site. It reads: "I might be old-fashioned, or maybe it's just that I still admire the old values."

I suggest you read his final diary entry (translated on Japanator.com).

http://www.japanator.com/satoshi-kon-1963-...rack=featurebox

Source: Kotaku.com

This post has been edited by modnar on Aug 26 2010, 06:57 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Ravik
Posted: Jan 1 2011, 08:17 AM

Shangri-la Town Crier

Member No.: 7

user posted image
Princess Jellyfish
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=340

Just finished watching the last episode of Princess Jellyfish and I hope there's more! Some might see it as a "girl's anime" but it's really charming and light. Indeed, it's an anime worth of having Chatmonchy as its OP music! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
chatmonchy
Kokuhaku
NOW SHIPPING!!
modnar
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 07:07 PM

Mr T

Just finished watching the 6 episode Thermae Romae and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it laugh.gif
Now I need a new anime to watch. Any reccomendations?
To give you an idea, as long as it's not moe-type anime with crap-all plot then I will probably be interested in it. No K-on thanks!!
I'll be interestef to hear what anime you've all been watching of late happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
modnar
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 06:48 PM

Mr T

Anyone else watching Kids on the Slope/Sakamichi no Apollon?
It's by Production IG so the animation and story is excellent plus the story revolves around jazz music. I can't recommend this enough regardelss of wether you have an interest in music or not this is one of the best anime this year!

Kids on the Slope (AnimeNewsNetwork)

user posted image

On top of all that, Kanno Yoko is in charge of the music production for this series love0030.gif

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix
Skin created by Ben of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0980 seconds | Archive