Hes so sick...
Member No.: 262
Joined: 4-April 07
Seenter has PMed me, giving me information on new ideas for this forum. Now, the problem is I'm not sure how it will play with other members. Here it is:
Weapon ARM- The easiest and most used ARM in the world, Weapon ARMs are pretty self explanatory. These ARMs are accessories that turn into weapons that the user can use. It can be anything from a simple shovel, to a giant stone axe. These ARMs require the least amount of Sync and MP, making them the best choice as beginning ARMs.
Weapon ARM: Screw Saber
Description: This strange sword looks to be a blade twisted around like a spring. Itís able to extend itself to a full length of 10ft, and can be turned in order to follow a target. In itsí normal state itís about 2ft long, and able to be used like a normal sword.
Effect: Calls forth a saber with the blade twisted. The blade is 2ft long normally, and can extend up to 10ft.
Cost: 2MP /Sync 5
Nature ARM- This defines ARMs that have special properties tied directly to nature. This can be anything from a particular element, to enhancing a personís physical body, to even cause a special effect. ARMs that are tied to a particular element tend to have an attack or ability linked to that element. With ones that enhance the physical body generally can only do that, and have no attacks associated with them.
Nature ARM: Ice Doors
Description: By focusing the energy of the user, blocks of ice can be formed and then fired at the target. These blocks of ice can retain their form for a short time, and generally are broken upon impact. The user can also focus the chunks into a bigger ball of ice, making it more dangerous and deadly.
Effect: Creates a football sized chunk of ice that flies at the target at the userís magic speed. The number of chunks can increase depending on the amount of Sync the user has with this ARM and the amount of MP used.
Cost: 5MP + 3MP per additional chunk / Sync 15
Nature ARM: Bull Strength
Description: This Nature ARM can increase the userís physical strength upon wearing it. Itís a very simple ring, mainly used by those that work in construction or mining.
Effect: Increases the userís Strength by 10.
Cost: 5MP / Sync 10
Guardian ARM- A very powerful ARM, this allows the user to call forth a creature to do the userís bidding. These creatures can be weak as an animated suit of armor, to a giant wolf that can eat anything. The size and shape of the Guardian can be anything, and some of the more powerful Guardians can talk. These Guardians require a lot of magic to use, and usually share the same problem. Once the Guardian is manifested, the user canít move from their spot. Another trick with Guardian ARMs, is that the more a user is attuned to them the stronger they can become. For every 20 Sync above the minimum, the Guardianís stats increase by 10%. And every additional 5MP put into the Guardian per post, increases the stats of the Guardian by 5%.
Guardian ARM: Egora
Description: This ARM calls forth a giant ice creature that has a humanoid appearance. It uses itsí incredible strength and size to beat down itsí opponents.
Effect: Calls forth a giant ice golem.
Cost: 40MP + 20MP per post / Sync 50
There are also ARMs that have no combat capabilities. These ARMs are actually pretty special, mainly because all their power is channeled into an effect. These effects are very hard to break, and unlike Darkness ARMs canít be broken by Holy ARMs. Thatís what makes them so powerful.
Guardian ARM: Medusa
Description: This ARM turns into a giant stone head of a woman with several snakes that cover her head like hair. The stone eyes glow red, turning all who see to stone. A very powerful ARM that can even turn the user to stone if they arenít careful.
Effect: Calls forth a giant stone head that turns anyone to stone whoís Will is weaker than itsí magic.
Cost: 60MP / Sync 80
Stats and Their Descriptions
Stats are the basis for almost all combat, but they shouldnít be defining numbers. They should be loosely followed at best, though they do sometimes determine a battle. They are divided into two separate sections, primary and secondary stats. Primary stats are things that directly affect your characterís physical body, and are generally trained by working out.
* Strength- This is your characterís physical strength, how much they can carry and how hard you punch. This stat mostly affects damage done with a Weapon ARM, though itís also useful with some Nature ARMs.
* Endurance- This stat is determined by your characterís stamina and overall life. It determines how long your character can last in combat, and also how much damage they can shrug off. For every 10 in this stat, your character can last 1 post without getting tired.
* Speed- How fast your character can move, thatís what this stat represents. It not only focuses on running speed, but also speed of attacks and general movement. This stat also focuses with Agility to determine if you can dodge attacks. For every 10 in this stat you can move another foot per second.
* Intelligence- Not talking about the power of the mind, though this stat does work with it and your MP. This stat is mainly used to determine how many ARMs you can control at once, and how in tune you can be with them. Most ARMs have a minimum Ďfocusí, meaning you need to be in tune with them at least that much to use them. This stat gives you that focus, and the higher it is the more focus you have. It also determines how many ARMs you can activate at once. For every 20 in this stat, you can have another ARM active.
* Magic- This stat deals mainly with your characterís magic, as the stat simply states. It not only affects your MP, but also determines how strong your magic attacks are. This is a must for those who want to use a lot of ARMs, or at least those who want to mainly focus on Nature or Guardian ARMs since they take the most MP.
* Will- This stat also affects your MP, but itís more focused on your characterís will power. This stat determines if a Darkness ARM would affect you, or if you can break such an ARM without using a Holy ARM. Itís a must for those who donít carry many ARMs, as youíll never know if youíll run into a Darkness ARM.
Secondary stats are more how you train your body to react, as well as specific skills with certain ARMs.
* Agility- This is how well your character can dodge. This isnít placed along with speed or in the primary stats because itís mostly how well you predict your opponent. Added with speed, this will determine how well you can dodge and move.
* Hand-to-Hand-This is for those who never plan on using Weapon ARMs. This is your characterís skill in fighting without a weapon, either through a martial art or brawling. It also determines a few abilities that require a high hand-to-hand skill to use.
* ARM- This is used for determining how skillful you are with an ARM. Even if youíre not fully attuned with the ARM, you can still use that little bit of the ARM with creativity and skill. And with those that plan on getting a lot of ARMs, these can be a lot.
With those stats out of the way, I guess Iíll explain a bit about HP, MP, and Focus. Iíll go with the two main stats, as Iím sure a few people would like to know.
* HP- This determines how long your character can take hits without dropping. Itís effectively the state of your characterís health overall. This takes all of your primary stats and puts them in one big pile. And that big pile is your characterís HP. Some Ďhumanoid typesí get bonuses to their stats or HP, and all bonuses would increase your HP as well.
* MP- A very useful stat for those who use Guardian and Nature ARMs, this stat determines your magic reserve. All ARMs require some sort of MP in order to use, sort of like a cost for their services. Generally, the more MP you have the stronger you look to others. Youíre able to always use 10% of your MP quickly without focusing it, anything higher and it will take time to gather. Intelligence, Magic, and Will combined equals how much MP you possess.
* Sync- This stat is probably the most important stat in the RP, mainly because it deals the most with ARMs. It focuses on how well the user is in tune with the ARM. Each and every ARM needs a certain amount of Sync just to make it work, anything less and the ARM can fail or backfire. Having more Sync in an ARM allows an ARM to become stronger or have more of an effect. This stat shows the maximum Sync you can have TOTAL, meaning the Sync in all of your ARMs combined canít exceed this amount. If you need more Sync, then ask in your request to take it out of one of the ARMs you donít use as much or not at all. Intelligence + Will total determines how much Sync you have.
Ok Iím pretty sure Iíve confused you a bit on stats, and Iím about to confuse you more. This last thing also has something to do with stats, mostly Nature ARMs and Guardians. And thatís elements. Youíre probably looking at your character and wondering why thereís 20 in all five elements. Thatís because the most you can have in one element is 100, if the other elements are 0. Yes you can train in elements and no you canít have 100 in all.
Here how it works. 20 in all stats mean you are basically well rounded in all elements, not focused in one and weak in another. As you train in a particular element, that element will increase in stats while the others decrease. Thatís because your focus is more in that one element and less in the others. This added focus allows you to use ARMs of that particular element more, and less for ARMs of a different element. By increasing you focus in one element, you increase your focus by that %. If you have a 40 in water/ice, your Sync with water/ice ARMs increase by 40%.
Not only does it determine how well you can do with that type of ARM, is also determines your resistance to that element. As the stat increases it represents the % of an attack of that type you can resist. If you have a 35 in fire, you can resist 35% of all fire attacks. Though a word of warning, while itís good to specialize in one type you open yourself to the other four elements. If youíre 100% resistant to electricity, then Fire/Water/Earth/Wind can hit you full force.
Those are the types of elements there are, a total of 5. Holy and Darkness ARMs may be in a type of element all their own, but these five are the only ones you can train to focus in.
Now, tell me what you guys think.