Skin made by AgnosticAngel. Find more at the IF Skin Zone

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ace High. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Support Ace & The Children's Hospital of Denver!
Idol Top Sites
Idol Top Sites Webring
Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Beanies for ACE! Fundraiser, Info, ordering instructions, bracelets
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:10 PM

Full House

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

UPDATE 9/2/06:

user posted image

HIGHROLLERS WITH HEARTS has announced on their myspace their support of this project. They say in part:

Ace High Beanies benefit The Children's Hospital, Denver!

We wanted to let all you Highrollers know that you can purchase a beanie that benefits the Family Amenities Area, just like Highrollers With Heart!

UPDATE 8/28/06:

From SpadesofAce from AYN:

When I met Ace today (SQUEE!!!) I had him sign the beanie... he said he loved it. I wanted to talk to him about the charity stuff but I couldn't really get anything that made any sense out of my mouth!

Indeed... and I was wearing it when he waved to me at the concert... the pink one... very noticable!

It was really kind of cool to have him say that the money I paid went to a good cause Thank you again for organizing this

UPDATE 8/22/06:

I had the pleasure of meeting Ace Saturday and speaking with him about the beanies. He loves them and enjoys signing them. He signed a couple of them as I watched - here are the pics:

Thanks to AYN for finding these pics!

user posted image

user posted image

This makes an awesome momento of the tour and more importantly, helps The Children's Hospital of Denver!

UPDATE 8/14/06:

I had the pleasure and the privelege to meet Jay and Kay Young at the St Louis venue. Our main topic of conversation was this beanie project, which was okayed originally by Jay Young, among others. They are very grateful to everyone who made the decision to support Ace and help The Children's Hospital of Denver.

To add your help, read on to get information and to access the PayPal link to order.

Thanks to all of you who have already ordered -- and thanks in advance to all of you who decide to order in the coming weeks.

---AceOfDiamonds

5/15/06: Many thanks to all of Ace's fans for being patient while we have been working out the details of this fundraiser. As anyone who has ever done a fully approved fundraiser knows, it takes time to get official, written approval. This project started out as an idea we had back in March. By early April, we had ordered beanies from a couple of potential suppliers. We worked with the embroidery shop to convert our concept to actual sewing. Then we sent our first 3 prototype beanies to Ace, which he received on April 18. We then asked for permission to sell the beanies with a profit to be raised for charity. We received his verbal approval along with confirmation of his choice of the recipient, The Children's Hospital of Denver. At that point, we forwarded our written proposal to the hospital and have been waiting for them to look over our plans and give us permission to use their name. We have now received this approval from the Children's Hospital of Denver and from the Young family.

We are well aware that there is another beanie project in place. Both that project and this one are benefiting charity, so buying a beanie from either project is a plus. As we mentioned above, this project will benefit The Children’s Hospital of Denver with the money raised going into the same fund as the initial fan contribution of $7,777.77 organized and overseen by the wonderful committee at aceyoung.net. As you may have already read, the Young family has designated that the money from this continuing fund will go towards the “Family Amenities Area”, a respite area for families who have children in the hospital. In total, 1.5 million dollars will be needed for this project, so anything we can do to move closer to that goal will be very much appreciated.

Project details:

This effort will be a great way to show support for Ace on the American Idol Tour! We will be offering beanies with Ace High Forums and a spread of 4 aces on one side with the option of choosing one of two different names sewn on the reverse - "Ace's Beanie Babes" or "Ace's HighRollers". Imagine a huge crowd of fans wearing beanies for Ace at the concerts! Ace was very happy to hear of our idea to show him support while benefitting a cause close to his heart.

The beanies will be available in a number of different colors, depending on availability. We will post updates on the colors available at any given time. The charge will be for our cost plus a donation to the Children's Hospital, plus shipping, with the option available to include more than the stated amount to increase your donation. We have elected to add the proceeds from this fundraiser into the fund already established by the fans to the Children's Hospital in Denver. We will keep everyone updated as to how much we have collected to go into this fund.

I have attached pictures of what the beanie will look like with the sewing on it at the end of this post.

Thank you in advance for your support of Ace and the Children's Hospital in Denver!

Here are the ordering instructions for the Beanies for Ace Project.

Please indicate the color you would like and the name designation that will go on opposite the Ace High logo - Ace's Beanie Babes or Ace's HighRollers. (Please see picture)

Edited to add:
Clarification:
The beanie comes with the logo with the 4 aces - and you have a choice of "Ace's Beanie Babes", "Ace's HighRollers" or nothing on the reverse. You CAN have any combination of two of the three things offered or just one thing if you wish. Just be sure to specify exactly what you want in the comments section of the PayPal payment. The logo with 4 aces WILL be on it unless you ask to leave it off!

Payment is $20 for each beanie plus $2 shipping for up to 3 beanies. We are shipping First Class Mail to save on the cost. A PayPal account is set up for this project. If you need to use another method, let me know. We can accept a money order or a cashier's check - no personal checks please! Please PM or email me with your address. Do not post personal info on the main board!

PayPal payments will be made to AceOfDiamonds1@gmail.com.

If you would like to send an overpayment as a straight donation to The Children's Hospital of Denver, please indicate that on your order and on the PayPal comment area. Or you can even just send a donation if you do not want a beanie.

Colors I have available right now are:

Grey
Black
Burgundy
Navy
Tan
Pink
Dk. Purple
Red
Lt. Blue

Limited number of:
Dk. Gray
Olive Green

Edited to add:

While supplies last, your beanie will come with a bracelet that says "Ace" as our gift for helping The Children's Hospital of Denver! Color will vary based on availability. Pic here:

user posted image

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

AceOfDiamonds

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: May 30 2006, 12:50 AM

Full House

The first post has been edited for clarification and to add the free bracelet offer! Check it out!

--------------------
user posted image

LauraLovesAce
Posted: May 30 2006, 03:29 PM

Ace Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 247

If you bought a beanie a little bit ago from you do you still get a bracelet or no?

--------------------
user posted image
«No Ace, no kiss.» «Are you ready for Ace?» «Ace's like heaven.» «The Ace man.»
«Get me my Ace.» «There's only one thing in the world I want and that is Ace.»
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: May 30 2006, 04:01 PM

Full House

YES! The first beanies just shipped and the bracelets were included!

--------------------
user posted image

LeavingMyHubby4Ace
Posted: May 30 2006, 05:47 PM

Surf's Up!

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 102

Diamonds you go way and above for all that you do. 10.gif

Does that make sense?

Unless I am composing a sentence that includes the words Ace, moan and hot nothing I say seems to make sense to me anymore!

--------------------
LauraLovesAce
Posted: May 31 2006, 01:55 PM

Ace Fan

Member No.: 247

woo yes! i am sooo excited to get them!! You are WONDERFUL diamonds!!

--------------------
user posted image
«No Ace, no kiss.» «Are you ready for Ace?» «Ace's like heaven.» «The Ace man.»
«Get me my Ace.» «There's only one thing in the world I want and that is Ace.»
LeavingMyHubby4Ace
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 04:47 PM

Surf's Up!

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 102

I got my beanies and the lovely bracelets that Diamonds so wonderfully made. I love the beanies, I just wish I looked good in them.

Thanks again D for all your work!!

10.gif

--------------------
Chasin'Ace
Posted: Jul 8 2006, 06:15 PM

High on Ace

Member No.: 6

Can we still order a beanie or is it too late?

--------------------
I'm Ace's Beanie Babe! user posted image
AcE aDDiCt
Posted: Jul 8 2006, 11:47 PM

Ace Fan

Member No.: 310

amazingly this is the only beanie that i actually look decent in.... smile.gif i wonder why... CUZ D IS AMAAAAAZING!!! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 12:18 AM

Full House

HaHa!!!!!! I'll bet you look cute as hell in it!!

And YES -- you can still buy the beanies. We will sell them as long as there is a demand for them! Any time is a good time to help The Children's Hospital of Denver!! 24.gif

--------------------
user posted image

aCeLuvr24
  Posted: Jul 27 2006, 05:56 PM

Member No.: 408

ace_inh1.gif

i have 2 questions....ok....do the bracelets come free and is it $20 for one beanie or for three???

This post has been edited by aCeLuvr24 on Jul 27 2006, 05:58 PM
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: Jul 27 2006, 07:54 PM

Full House

Yes - the bracelet is free. The beanie is $20 +$2 for shipping for one beanie. I think I may have said the shipping amount would cover the cost for up to 3 beanies meaning the shipping cost, but the beanies are $20 each.

--------------------
user posted image

aCeLuvr24
Posted: Jul 28 2006, 12:14 AM

Member No.: 408

Thanx.gif
ok thanx so if i wanted 3 beanies it would be $60....right?
AceOfDiamonds
Posted: Jul 28 2006, 04:14 AM

Full House

Yes - $60 + $2 shipping for First Class Postage. And 3 bracelets would be included, one for each beanie, all free.

--------------------
user posted image

IdolTime05
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 06:29 PM

Ace Fan

Member No.: 94

I love this idea. My order is now in! So happy that our board gets to help The Children's Hospital of Denver!! Thanks for doing this. acehappy8.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Charities Benefitting The Children's Hospital of Denver | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

AceMusic.com SirLinksalot:Ace Young Visit idolforums.com for discussions on virtually everything Idol related, including American Idol, Canadian Idol and Australian Idol! Get Firefox! AceYoungFan.net American Idol Notes - all american idol, all the time!

Simply click on Register below to get a FREE Photobucket account. They provide a generous amount of space and bandwidth usage for free.
If you already have a Photobucket account, you can sign in below to upload the image and/or select the URL to put into the generator box.
(If you are already logged into your account, you will see your album below.)

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive