Tutorial Name:Lightsaber Hilt Tutorial
Tutorial Description: Its a very simplisitic way of making a hilt, but it gets the job done, it can be used alot, such as in comics, or as a blueprint for actually building the lightsaber
Program:Mostly intended for paint.
1. first make the Canvas fit the size of your saber, as in, if your using it with sprites, make it a reasonable size for sprites, or if your making a blue print, you might want it big. This is also the time to decide if you want the saber horizontally, or Vertically
2.Because a saber is normally built by three parts, the end, the Handle, and the lens, you must make three boxes, the two ends should be shorter than the handle, with the cap end, smaller than the lens end. Make the box bigger than what you plan the actual thing will be for space for extra trinkets.
3.I'm starting with the handle, but if you think its easier, feel free to skip around and start somewhere where your comfortable. First make a line, not too big, not too small, make it any color you want, but most lightsabres are chrome, don't add to much detail, we will get on that later. You could curve it up like count dooku's style
4. Here is the lens section, easily rough out your favored shape at one end of the lightsaber, do not add much details as we will do so later. It is usually a medium sized trapazoid with the shorter end of the trapezoid going to the handle, with the width slightly longer than the handle, but just a suggestion. Color it as you wish.
5. Here is the cap section. Not much to do here. rough up the shape, or else, you could sum it up and make it fancy. You could make a spike, or nub as a backhand weapon. But simple it may be, like a simple and wide oval, again, color as you wish.
6. This is where the fun begins, customizing. Bring it to life, add more detail on everything. Rubber grips, D rings on the cap, the possibilities are endless. here are some suggestions: You could mix up official star wars styles with others, such as Darth vader and lukes sabers. Be creative, its your saber after all.
7. Touch it up, add chrome effects, maybe photoshop it, add or abort any other designs. erase any mistakes and other touch ups. optionally you could photoshop it, or you could combine it with other tutorials.
8.(optional): Here is the double bladed lightsaber variations. First, follow to number 2, at number two, double the normal hilt for a single saber, and instead of a cap, make it another lens, then just proceed to 3, but make it two hilts attached together and make two lens, both on the opposite ends.customize, touch it up, then you've got a double bladed lightsaber.
sorry I don't have any pics matching, but because of the possibilities, you should be fine. oh and upcoming, if this is accepted, I'll later on make continueing series, such as blasters, blaster rifles, helmets, and body armors, more complex. I'll later on update these with pictures.
its a good tutorial, but i suggest some pictures because everyone likes a little visual of what their doing :D
Yes, like me. lol, I'd like to see the end result.
If any one is truly interested in making their own lightsaber with the computer here is a nice page and tutorial.
And here is a nice website where i found unique lightsaber upgrades ot features that can be found. To truly make your lightsaber your own.